“If you as an employer provide “Work Equipment”, then employees must be competent to use it”.
MEWP Course Objective
- To state the main aims of the Health & Safety at Work Act and associated regulations.
- To understand the need for accident prevention.
- To understand Safe Operational Procedures.
- To provide candidates with the essential knowledge required to operate various types of MEWPs under the chosen categories efficiently and safely.
- To understand the Employers and Employees responsibilities.
MEWP Course Syllabus
- Introduction – Why the need for training?
- Health & Safety at Work Act and relevant legislation.
- Safe Systems at Work.
- Understanding the capabilities of the MEWP’s.
- Duties of the Operator.
- Checks & Inspections.
- Safe Operation of MEWP’s and Emergency Lowering Systems.
- Theory test.
- Practical assessment.
- Course Evaluation
What type of MEWP’s are covered under Operator Training?
- 1B : Static Booms (EWP’s that cannot be driven in an elevated state) Eg. Trailer Mount, Van Mount, Spider Lift.
- 3A: Mobile Vertical (MEWP’s that elevate directly upwards) Eg. Scissor Lifts, Vertical Personnel Platforms.
- 3B: Mobile Boom (MEWP’s that rotate & provide outreach) Eg. Articulated & Telescopic Boom Lifts. May also be driven while elevated subject to risk assessment.
Categories Completed per Training Day
A normal training day would include 2 categories: i.e. 3A Mobile Vertical (scissors lift) & 3B Mobile Boom. 8.30am – 4.30pm.
On-site training at your premises is also available anywhere in Ireland subject to minimum numbers and having the MEWP’s available on site. A suitable room would be required for
on-site training for the theory section of the course. The Operator’s Manual and a copy of the current 6 monthly GA Certificate of Thorough Examination for each MEWP is required.
Candidates for MEWP courses must be at least 18 years of age. They must be medically fit to operate machinery. Please have the candidate bring P.P.E. i.e. Hard hat, Steel toecap boots and Hi-vis. Harnesses are provided for use, but candidates can also bring their own.
For on-site training, group bookings and more information please feel free to get in touch.
Tom Callanan IPAF Qualified MEWP Trainer
Contact Tom to arrange your training needs
Complete out contact us page so we have your details and we will respond by email or phone